Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Palin's AG pick

Alaskan Gov. Sarah Palin can't catch a break -- or maybe she's just not too bright. She certainly doesn't have the resolve that Barack Obama shows when making important decisions (read: she doesn't think things through before acting).

Take a look, for an example of this, at her recent pick for Alaskan Attorney General, Wayne Anthony Ross, who has a history of spouting off some disturbing comments.

In 1991, Ross allegedly said that domestic abuse wouldn't be a problem "if women would learn to keep their mouth shut."

I say allegedly because it's a he-said she-said situation; there's no proof that Ross said that. But when confronted with the comment and others involving whether it's ok for a husband to rape his wife, Ross's reaction was troubling: "Anybody said that to me then we'd have a little confrontation," he said.

Ross also has disturbing views of homosexuals, whom he has previously called "immoral degenerates" in a letter to an Alaskan state representative.

But he doesn't have any problems with his previous comments, and believes he can run the office despite these opinions:
"Let me give you an analogy," Ross said. "I hate lima beans. I've never liked lima beans. But if I was hired to represented the United Vegetable growers would you ask me if I liked lima beans? No. If I disliked lima beans? No. Because my jobs to represent the united vegetable growers."
Comforting.

Ross is also under fire for some op-eds he wrote in the 1990s. Among these op-eds are such wonderful titles, such as "KKK 'art' project gets 'A' for courage" and "It is time we quit crying over the oil spill."

If Sarah Palin is going to be a respectable candidate for president, she had better start acting more presidential. Frankly, however, if this is how one of the top candidates for president in 2012 is going to act -- engaging in feuds with her daughter's ex's family, appointing members of her cabinet with questionable character flaws -- then I'm optimistic we'll have another four years of Obama to look forward to. So...

Run, Sarah, Run!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment